Developed a complex Ruby on Rails Recurly orders server for easy subscription billing creation and on click crossselling. The server allows new subscription creation, crossselling, upgrading and addons in a pipeline like format. Orders can be placed at any point in the pipeline and then the orderee will follow the pipeline at that point. Once a user has a subscription, they can upgrade or addon any product using a one click upgrade.
- Order form integration with Recurly v3.
- Complex pipeline management of Offers, Orders and Products.
- Different views for orders that are a new sale versus a cross sale.
- Subscription upgrade and addons for a current subscription.
- 1 Click upgrade of account to another product that is next in the pipeline.
- 1 Click addons of subscriptions to the recurly account.
- API that allows a mail server to determine the status of a user in the pipeline in order to send them upgrade emails.
- API Integration with 3rd party affiliate tracking system
- Delayed Que and SSL Setup in Heroku
Acted as Lead Ruby on Rails developer on an established multi-national website to increase speed, reliability and continue product development.
- Repaired GIT repository to merge in changes from a junior developer
- Resized harddrive on linux server in order to allow for larger database and assets
- Installed and analyzed newrelic monitoring and applied several rails and database optimizations that resulted in a 300% to 8000% speed increase in key transactions.
- Eliminated a process in mail sending that caused occasional intermittent email.
- Added features to legacy application to increase site administration capability.
Acted as Lead Ruby developer in a Ruby on Rails application. Assisted owner of website in crafting ideas concerning the direction of the website and developing multi-tenancy.
- Developed security logic for Multi-tenancy to enforce view/edit/create logic for projects
- Created a custom admin section for the site in order to edit users/projects
- Mentored a junior developer on ways to use the current setup in order to extend and add functionality to the app
Agile built Ruby on Rails MVP application that allows users to share files and lock down that share with a single use access code. The server also serves and API that a gmail application uses to generate AWS S3 presigned posts in order to allow async upload of images to the cloud.
- MVP – Agile
- Google OAUTH Sign in and Sign up
- API that checks for login, provides tokens to the gmail app to upload and create shares owned by a user
- Session management for Oauth in order to allow the gmail app to seemlessly redirect the user back after a successfully google login
- Generation of one time use codes to view an uploaded file
- Logic to prevent access once a code is used
- Ability for people to request a new access code in the web app that is emailed to the owner of the share
- Integrated assets delivered by developer for CSS and HTML into views and asset pipeline for project
Assisted legacy Ruby on Rails application to integrate PCI compliant recurring billing system and mentored on staff developer in the development of additional features and functionality.
- Integrated Recurly billing system into the web app for a single page sign up using Devise for registrations
- Built in test coverage of critical features
- Helped with design and initial conversion of app to serve an API for a call center application to consume
- Assisted in strengthening multi-tenancy of the application
- Mentored current development staff on best way to add features and expand the legacy app
Constructed a Ruby on Rails 4.1 MVP application to accept orders and communicate with a JSON api to submit and receive monitoring data from another web service. Constructed API in secondary web application to receive JSON data from the monitoring service and create records in that system. Built in multi-tenancy to allow multiple roles to have diverse access to records based on organizations and abilities that the roles have on those organizations.
- Pundit Role based authroization and multi-tenancy
- JSON Api construction for consumption and serving
- Digital Ocean deployment on Ubuntu for Rails, Passenger and MySQL
- Administrative view for super users
- Recurly v3 integrated for single use purchases
- Service oriented architecture design and implementation
- Business analysis and user stories for agile development
- Nokogiri for web scraping and data mining
- Multi-tenancy and user based authorization
- Memcached caching for optimized views
- Recurly v2 integration for PCI compliant recurring billing
- Delayed Job for background processing
- AWS – EC2, Ubuntu Servers, S3, Mysql and RDS.
- Developed API for consumption of external sites